Friday 4 June 2010

exam finito!

So, today I finished my last exam - a very happy lady! Exams this year have taught me a lot. For starters, I am usually very frantic and panicky around exam time and generally spend as much time second guessing myself as actually being productive. add that to the fact I was trying to finalise wedding plans and quite frankly I was expecting to be a mess!
Whenever I have exams, I ask my friends and family to pray for me - only I don't like those prayers that basically pray you ace the exam (whether you put the work in or not). My family tend to pray that God will give me peace and confidence and that I will have a clarity of mind etc. and I really appreciate this. So, peace and confidence it is! Running up to my first exam, I felt strangely calmer than usual. Me, being me, decided that I haven't put enough effort in and calm must equal some state of laziness where I don't care enough! After taking my exam, which again I was completely calm for, it hit me: this has got to be the peace of God. 'Aaahh, so this is what it feels like'.
And, as the exam period has gone on I have to thank my God and everyone who prayed for me - peace like I have never felt has been on me - in a way that sometimes I didn't even realise or recognise. I'm starting to learn what it truly means to live in God's peace and I have to tell you, it's awesome. So, I would encourage you - rest in God and His peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment