Friday 28 May 2010

Bloggy blog blog

After much inspiration from my blogging friends, I decided to give it a go. I didn't think it would be so hard to set up though - seems the whole world is blogging as pretty much every url I tried failed miserably - "unavailable". So, with 2 weeks and 1 day to go til our wedding, I type: "jesscordy". The computer replied: "available"! So, two weeks premature, here I am!

The other day at our church meeting the speaker, Cedric, was mentioning how people can have 'yes' or 'no' faces: saying Jesus was approachable and a 'yes' face, whilst so many of today's Christians have a 'no' face, and we can often put the world off. At the time I chuckled at the unique example but didn't think much of it.

A few days later, I was walking through town and there were lots of sellers, charity workers etc in the streets: I did my usual 'walking with purpose - please don't stop me' stance and as per usual it worked! The second I got past the guy it hit me - he didn't even try to stop me: I was a 'no' face.

Throughout the week this idea of yes and no faces kept coming back to me: randomly people were telling me I was approachable, always smiling, etc. A 'yes' face.
I'm pretty glad to say that I reckon my natural disposition is more of a yes face, I had to 'put on' my no face to avoid the sellers - but should I have? Are we going to be an open, approachable people that display Jesus or do we manipulate the way we act for the outcome we want - a quick trip through town?

I would encourage us to live 100% as a 'yes' people, even at our inconvenience. I'm not saying stop for every street seller, I was just thinking that for me, I want to be a consistent person. Shining a light 24/7 not denying it for a moment or two when it suits.

So, my first blog. Hope to be consistent enough to be back soon!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess! Welcome to the world of blogging :) Very challenging- I often put on my 'no' face when I'm walking through town too, but it's good to always be approachable and as you say, consistent :)

    Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogsphere Jess! Enjoyed reading your first post and it certainly made me think, thank you.

    ReplyDelete